MUSIC BUSINESS SEMINARS
WORKING IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY
"An Entertaining Career Path" MUSICAL SYMPOSIUM AND WORKSHOPS
SHERRY WINSTON | Jazz Flutist | Performer/Lecturer
The entertainment business has been declining worldwide for many years. It is more important than ever to work smarter and more efficiently in this current economy. Only a small percentage of qualified music, communications, business and law school graduates ever enter this creative and lucrative field. Succeeding in performance, production and management requires tremendous creative skills and a strong work ethic. “Insider tips” from an experienced professional can help smooth the path into this fast paced world of opportunity. This symposium is designed to assist those interested in all aspects of the entertainment industry.
It has two objectives:
To teach the skills necessary to succeed in the music industry as a performer, producer, or other music professional
A Live Evening Performance with the Sherry Winston Band.
To create excitement and interest for the Music Business Seminar.
Career Opportunities in the Music Industry
To provide practical ideas and insider tips on production, promotion, and performance.
The Creative Side of the Music Industry: Making Your Entry
To provide ideas and tips on performance:
The Art and Science of Showmanship and the Live Performance.
Creating your own image or look, identifying your style and separating yourself from the competition.
How to be a great singer.
1. A broad overview of the record industry
2. How to create your own performing group
3. Who are the professionals that support a working band?
4. How to find musicians and performance dates in your hometown.
5. How to approach corporations for work.
6. How to assemble a biography/ press kit.
7. How to price & budget your group.
8. How to produce and market your master or demo CD.
9. Showmanship and the live performance.
10. How to become a great working singer.
11. Artist & Repertoire - A critique of aspiring works by musicians, composers and arrangers.
I will listen to student/professional demo or master CD’s and help them to take their career to the next level.